Are you heading to undergraduate or graduate school in the fall of 2011? If so, you may be eligible for a $5000 scholarship from UCB.
The the UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship Program™ offers financial support to people living with epilepsy, family members, and/or caregivers who demonstrate academic and personal achievement. Since 2004, UCB has awarded over 1 million in scholarships to over 200 deserving people.
Hard-copy applications should be mailed to the following address:
UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship Program™
c/o Hudson Medical Communications
120 White Plains Road, 2nd Floor
Tarrytown, NY 10591
All applications must be completed and postmarked by May 20, 2011
To apply, you must certify that you are:
1. A US citizen and/or a legal and permanent resident of the United States
2. A person living with epilepsy or a family member/caregiver of a person living with epilepsy
3. Seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree
4. A student who demonstrates achievement, possesses a strong record of participation in activities outside of school, and serves as a positive role model
5. Graduating from high school in 2011 or have already graduated from high school
6. Enrolled in, or awaiting acceptance from, a United States–based center for higher learning for fall semester 2011
7. Not a previous recipient of the UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship Program
2010 Scholarship Winner
Hear from Ashlin Phelps, a 2010 scholarship winner:
“I feel extremely blessed to have been awarded such a scholarship,” says Phelps, from Visalia, Calif. “It has not only given me the wonderful opportunity to attend Whitworth and further my education, but has also provided the motivation to go out into the world after college and make a difference in the world of epilepsy.”
Founder and CEO
Jessica brings a unique perspective to this leading epilepsy blog as she was diagnosed with epilepsy as a teen. She also brings 20+ years experience in marketing.