Heading back to school with epilepsy can be stressful. But I have come across a site that can be a resource to parents, teachers, family and friends. The site is called Epilepsyclassroom.com.
It opens with a welcome from Greg Grunberg of Heroes, founder of the site TalkAboutIt.org. The site was designed by UCB and the Epilepsy Foundation with help from two experts, one in the field of neurology and the other in the field of teaching, leadership and curriculum development.
You will find tips for families such as:
* Who to tell about your child’s epilepsy
* Information your child’s teacher needs to know
* A few tools to overcome the stigma associated with epilepsy
There’s also a section for teachers and schools including:
* Lesson plans broken down by grade level
* Detailed information on first aid
* How to talk about a seizure with the class
All this information will can only help to make the transition to a new year (and new teacher or new school) a bit easier. I’m thinking of all of you as you head back to school.
Founder and CEO
Jessica brings a unique perspective to this leading epilepsy blog as she was diagnosed with epilepsy as a teen. She also brings 20+ years experience in marketing.